Monday, February 9, 2009

Testimonial

Paris- Je t’aime!

I am a 22 year old Indian student living in Paris for almost a year. I obtained a diploma in French pastry at the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu culinary school. Currently, I am doing an internship at Chocolatier Jean-Charles Rouchoux. Before moving to Paris, I got my degree in International Business and Hospitality from Switzerland.

Living in Paris is like a dream come true for me. School was interesting and I got to learn so much about French cuisine. Since one of my best friends is French and lived with me the first 8 months of my stay, things were relatively easy for me. She found our apartment and managed everything. But, when school ended and she had to move back to the South of France, I was left to find an apartment by myself. And that’s when the trouble started! If you have ever tried to look for a decent flat in Paris, you know what I am talking about. Added to that, if you are an international student, things just get more complicated.

Having lived in Switzerland for 4 years, I was used to a certain order of things. Well, let’s just say things in France things are a little bit different. From my first week here, I realized that everything takes a long time and the bureaucracy makes it harder for things to get done. And, that’s one reason why working with Daniel from the agency my keys to Paris came as such a pleasant surprise. From the time I made an inquiry about a rental, to the time I signed the contract; the whole procedure was extremely smooth and efficient. Daniel did a great job from setting up visits to the apartments, to explaining at the details and most importantly being patient and accommodating with all my requests! It is extremely hard to find a good apartment in Paris and having an agency you can rely on is very important. In my case, even the owners of the flat happened to be such nice and helpful people.

I leave Paris in one month and can only look back and truly say I loved each minute of my time here and will definitely come back!

Pooja Dhingra

No comments: